200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training for Healthcare Providers
Evolution’s Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training is designed to train healthcare providers in the art and science of yoga. Students will study all educational categories as set forth by the Yoga Alliance Spirit of the Standards in order to be able to facilitate private, small group, and community yoga sessions. This therapeutically oriented training is rooted in ancient and modern practices of yoga that integrates mind, body and spirit.
Evolution’s Yoga Teacher Training Faculty combines their professional training as healthcare providers with a depth of experience as yoga practitioners. Our instructors draw from a variety of disciplines including mental health, physical therapy, nursing, massage therapy, doula and childbirth education to provide a unique perspective on integrating yoga into a variety of healthcare settings.
Gaby Goldberg MT, E-RYT 500, YT – 1000 – Lead Faculty
Bonnie Glass LICSW, E-RYT 200 – Lead Faculty
Martha Whitney CHT, SEP, E-RYT 500
Janet Carscadden PT, DPT, E-RYT 200
Meagan Satinsky PT, PYT 500
Brian Tobin YT 500
Susan Cline Lucey E-RYT 200, RPYT, RCYT, CD(DONA), CCCE
Registration opens July 2017
Program begins January 2018
Evolution’s 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training (YTT) is designed to certify healthcare providers in the art and science of teaching yoga, in order to be able to facilitate private, small group, and community yoga sessions. This therapeutically oriented training is rooted in ancient and modern practices of yoga that integrates mind, body, and spirit.
We invite interested physical and mental healthcare professionals and students in these fields to dive into this unique 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training. Learn from experienced yoga instructors, who are also Physical Therapists, Mental Healthcare Providers, Massage Therapists, Registered Nurse and Doulas. Trainees will study yoga philosophy and ethics, anatomy and physiology, yoga techniques, and teaching methodology through experiential and classroom-based learning. Participants will complete this training with the competence to integrate yoga practices into a diverse range of healthcare settings.
Participants in Evolution’s Yoga Teacher training will:
- Gain an understanding of ancient and modern yoga philosophy and styles of practice
- Develop strong knowledge in Functional and Experiential anatomy & physiology
- Hone effective communication skills applicable to teaching private, small group and community yoga classes
- Teach asana, pranayama, and meditation safely
- Demonstrate the ability to adapt and modify yoga practices for diverse populations
- Explore evidence-based research of therapeutic benefits of yoga
- Develop and deepen a personal yoga practice that supports teaching
- Currently practicing in or studying for a healthcare profession
- Minimum 2 years consistent yoga practice
- Anatomy 101 completed online with Yoganatomy.com
- Commitment to the training in its entirety