Yoga on the Lake 2018 – Rain or Shine at the New Site!Tweet
Our inspiring Yoga on the Lake and Sunset Yoga classes start on June 4, and we couldn’t be more excited to offer SIX weekly classes overlooking the lake, all summer long!
Between the grand opening of the new Community Sailing Center building and construction down at the Burlington waterfront, there are a few important things to note before heading down to class this summer:
- Get oriented. Know where you’re headed! Click here for directions to the Sailing Center, and check out the lay of the land:
- Plan to arrive early. All yoga students must check in at the Sailing Center building, and it takes a few minutes to walk over to the docks from there. Due to construction, there is no access to the docks via Penny Lane (the road used to access the docks in previous years). Following the completion of that construction, please continue to arrive and check-in at the Sailing Center building. Check-in for morning class ends at 7:15am, and at 7:30pm for Sunset Yoga classes.
- Weather updates: With access to the Sailing Center’s gorgeous upper deck, there’s no need to check Facebook for changes to location due to weather! Rainy day morning classes will move from the dock to the gorgeous upper deck of the Sailing Center (where the Sunset Yoga classes take place). Simply check in at the Sailing Center, and our check-in staff will let you know where to go!
- Parking information: Car parking is available in the big lot right along the bike path, next to the sailing center building. The City of Burlington will install parking meters this summer, requiring payment between 9am-6pm. The good news is that our classes fall outside of these times, but please note parking meter hours if you decide to take a walk before or after class. For those biking, there is a bike rack around the backside of the sailing center building, or (for morning classes) bikes can be walked over to another rack by the dock.
- What to bring/how to pay: Please bring your own towel and yoga mat, as well as layers of clothing in case of chilly temps. You can pay with cash, check, use a class card, your unlimited membership or a Summer Yoga Pass.
- Bathrooms: The Sailing Center will be open by the time morning class ends, and there are showers/bathrooms available for use. There are also port-o-potties available near the dock.
See you on the lake!
Yoga on the Lake and Sunset Yoga
June 4 – August 31
Yoga on the Lake
7-8 am, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday mornings
on the docks of the Community Sailing Center
Mondays with Rachel de Simone
Wednesdays with Jane Michaud
Thursdays with Martha Whitney
Fridays with Adam Bluestein
7:15-8:15 pm, Tuesday and Thursday evenings
on the upper deck of the Community Sailing Center
Tuesday with Kate Floyd
Thursdays with Gaby Goldberg or Hanna Satterlee